- Question: How to open the command prompt?
To open a command prompt window in Windows 2000 or XP, click Start | Run, type cmd in the box, and click OK.
- Question: How to find IP address of your connection?
Go to start/run type 'cmd' then type 'ipconfig' Add the '/all' switch for more info.
- Question: How to verify connection to remote computer?
Ping tool verifies connections to remote computers
example: In cmd type c:>ping 192.168.0.1 -t
-t Ping the specified host until interrupted
-a Resolve addresses to hostnames
- Question: How to find a path on the network from your PC that is running load test script to web server?
Use Tracert Utility runs at the Command prompt. It will trace a path from you to the URL or IP address given along with the tracert command. Tracert determines the route taken to a destination by sending ICMP echo packets
- Question: How to find what ports are open on your system?
In cmd type c:>netstat This command gives you a generic look at what ports are open on your system
- Question: What TCP/IP Settings are used on computer?
Description of TCP/IP Settings that are used in network troubleshooting
1. IP Address
2. Subnet Mask
3. Default Gateway
4. DHCP Server
5. DNS Servers
- Question: What is telnet?
Telnet is a text based communication program that allows you to connect to a remote server over a network
is the name or IP address of the remote server to connect to. is the port number of the service to use for the connection. The default is 23 (TELNET service).
- Question: How to find a network configuration of your PC?
In cmd type c:> net config workstation
the result displays a list of configurable services: computer name,user name, logon domain, domain DNS name.
- Question: How to find what program used as default for opening file .xyz
In cmd type C:> assoc .xyz which program will open that .xyz file
- Question: How to change settings in command prompt?
The first thing you'll want to do is Start, Run, cmd.exe, then right click the window menu and choose properties. Try the following values for improvement:
Options | Command History | Buffer Size | 400
Options | Command History | Discard Old Duplicates | True
Options | Edit Options | QuickEdit Mode | True
Layout | Screen buffer size | Height | 900
Layout | Window size | Height | 40
- Question: How to start DirectX Diagnostic Tool ?
To start the DirectX Diagnostic Tool: 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type dxdiag, and then click OK.
- Question: How to determine whether there is an issue with the DNS configuration of your connection to your ISP?
At a command prompt, type ipconfig /all, and then press ENTER to display the IP address of your DNS server. If the IP address for your DNS server does not appear, you need contact your ISP.
- Question: What do you need to do that your browser will point URL www.YourTest.com to the internal IP address 127.99.11.01?
Make changes in the hosts file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
The Hosts file is looked at first before going out to the DNS (Domain Name Service) servers.
you have to put the following on new lines at the end of hosts file:
- Question: What can you suggest to enhance testing process on windows OS?
Put shortcut to notepad.exe in SendTo folder. It is speed up work with different files like hosts, configuration files.
- Question: What is FTP?
FTP is short for File Transfer Protocol. This is the protocol used for file transfer over the Internet.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
These interview questions with answers will test your basic knowledge of PC and networking.
- Q & A on Teoretical ANalysis of Router Systems
- Q & A on Application Level Gateways,
- Q & A on Ethernet Transceivers and "10BaseT",
- Q & A on 100BaseT and 10BaseT Cabling,
- Q & A on One LAN or Many LANs on a Campus,
- Q & A on ICMP and UDP "ping",
- Q & A on Netweork Analyzer Software,
- Q & A on Writing a Network Analyzer,
- Q & A on Interpreting IP Addresses in Octal,
- Q & A on New Top-Level Domains for DNS,
- Q & A on WAP and TCP.
- Q & A on TCP Segment Lengths.
- Q & A on TCP/IP Between Hosts on a Single Network....
- Q & A on "Internetworking with TCP/IP, Volume 1".
- Q & A on TPC/IP Layering Model,
- Q & A on IP Address Prefixes and Suffixes
- Q & A on "Net 0" IP Addresses.
- Q & A on Network Standard Byte Order and User Data...
- Q & A on Network Topologies,
- Q & A on Code for Internetworking with TCP/IP, Vol...
- Q & A on Attenuation in Ethernet Network Design
- Q & A on Hardware Technologies
- Computer Network Questions and Answers Part 1
- Computer Network Questions and Answers Part 2.
- Computer Network Questions and Answers Part 3.
- Computer Network Questions and Answers Part 4.
- Computer Network Questions and Answers Part 5,
- Computer Network Questions and Answers Part 6.
- Computer Network Questions and Answers Part 7.
- Computer Network Questions and Answers Part 8.
- Computer Network Questions and Answers Part 9,
- networking 146
- Basic Networkin Questions - 2, 142
- Basic Networkin Questions - 1 140
- Networking, Socket Programming, Inter-Process Comm...
- Networking Interview questions 134
- Networking Interview questions 130
- Computer Networking Interview Questions 128
- Networking Interview Questions 126
- JAVA QUESTIONS 125
- JAVA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS 120
- Core Java Test Paper1 116
- Java Interview Questions And Answers 112
- Java Interview Questions And Answers 108
- Advanced enterprise Java interview questions 106
- Advanced JAVA questions 104
- (FAQ) Advanced Java Interview Questions 100
- TrainJava Blog interviews 98
- Java Exceptions Questions 94
- Java technical interview guide - part 1 90
- Advanced Java Interview Questions And Answers 88
- Java J2EE Interview Questions and Answers 84
- Java Architect Interview Questions 82
- Advanced enterprise Java Interview Questions 80
- java script interview questions 78
- importent java interviews and answers
- importent study interview questions in java 74
- java total interview questions 68
- java interviews 66
- importent java interview questions 64
- java importent studying questions
- core java importent interviews 62
- corejava 60
- interviews of corejava 58
- corejava interviews 54
- core java more interviews 52
- core java inerviews 51
- core java interview questions 50
- corejava 50
- Core Java Interview Questions and Answers 48
- Core Java Interview Questions and Answers 46
- 300 Core java interview questions And Answer 44
- Java Interview Questions and Answers 40
- Java Interview Questions and Answers 34
- Java Interview Questions and Answers 32
- Java Interview Questions and Answers 30
- Java Interview Questions and Answers 28
- java interview questions 26
- java importent interview questions 24
- Java and Perl Web programming interview questions ...
- java interview questions 22
- Basic Java interview question 16
- Some Java Job Interview Questions 15
- Java Technical Questions with Answers 14
- Table of Contents:
- Visual Basic Interview Questions 13
- Java Interview Questions... 12
- Advanced enterprise Java Interview Questions
- Advanced Java Programming Interview Questions 10
- java questions 9
- Advanced Java Interview Questions 8
- Java interview questions 7
- JAVA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS (5)
- JAVA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS (4)
- JAVA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS (3)
- JAVA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS (2)
- JAVA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS 1
- Core Java Interview Questions books
- core java importent questions
- 30 simple Java questions
- Master list of Java interview questions - 115 ques...
- Interview Questions on Java
- Java Interview Questions
- CPU engineer interview questions
- Hardware architecture interview questions
- Hardware Interview Questions
- Frequent questions about network connections and u...
- Answering Some Common Windows XP Home Networking Q...
- Networking and Internets questions notes
- networking cabling interview questions
- Topics for networking interview books importent
- Networking questions studying
- These interview questions with answers will test y...
- importent networking interview questions
- Network engineer interview questions importent
- Network engineer interview questions
- Real Life Ias, i.e. UPSC Exam 1998 Interview Quest...
- IAS Interview Questions - Interesting BOOKS
- I A S IMPORTENT BOOKS
- IAS Interview Questions importent
- UPSC Interview Questions
- Interview with IAS Topper
- IAS interview questions…Interesting by any standar...
- One young man went for an IAS Interview.
- And now these are IAS i.e. UPSC Exam 1998 Intervie...
- Reflections of an MBA applicant
- Preparation For MBA Interviews
- Number 7 - MBA INTERVIEWS:
- Interview Preparation
- MBA Style magazine Interview Questions
- MBA Admissions Interview: Tips, Sample Questions, ...
- interview questions of Latest Updates in Data War...
- Top data warehousing interview questions importent...
- ETL Data Warehousing interview questions-11importe...
- Data warehouse interview questions
- SQL SERVER - Data Warehousing Interview Questions ...
- sap interviews
- ▼ April (137)